Business Accounting & Payroll
Business owners may not require full-time help or be able to hire a the number of people to handle the variety of skills required to provide adequate accounting support. Yet, accurate accounting, reporting and analysis are crucial to making informed decisions and to the success of a business.
Updegrove, Combs & McDaniel has experienced professionals who will support your business’s accounting and reporting requirements at a level and frequency necessary to achieve successful results.
UCM can help with all accounting services including:
- Financial reporting, management & analysis
- Bookkeeping and general ledger maintenance
- Accounts payable, accounts receivable and bank reconciliations
- Budgeting and cash flow management
- Sales and property tax return preparation
- Payroll and related federal and state reporting requirements
QuickBooks Set-Up and Support
QuickBooks is an ideal accounting solution for most small to mid-sized businesses. Updegrove, Combs & McDaniel has experienced staff who are certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors. They will set up your accounting system for you and provide ongoing monthly, quarterly or as-needed support.
Our certified ProAdvisors are happy to go to your office and work with you or members of your staff. Once QuickBooks Accounting is set up, UCM can update and maintain your QuickBooks file by simply sending it to us via a password-protected e-mail or our secure web portal.
You may need a trained professional to evaluate your internal processes and provide an objective recommendation for improving your business’s operations that will reduce risk and increase profitability. Updegrove, Combs & McDaniel has experienced professionals who can assess your current operations and provide effective solutions regarding:
- Proper segregation of duties
- Appropriate authorization of financial transactions
- Routine review of transactions and accounts
- Security of physical assets and inventories
- Accurate documentation of policies and procedures
- Employee training regarding duties and level of authority
- Fraud prevention and risk assessment
Outsourced CFO Services include a variety of services needed by clients who do not have a controller or CFO on staff but desire the value provided by those types of employees/advisors. Updegrove, Combs & McDaniel can provide you with support at a level and frequency necessary based on your needs and resources.